- RG1000 is odorless, tasteless, and nontoxic. More economical than virgin grade has extremely low moisture absorption and a very low coefficient of friction self-lubricating, and is highly resistant to abrasion. It is also very resistant to water, moisture, most chemicals Resistant to UV radiation and micro-organisms.
- RG1000 Sheet has a maximum operating temperature of 90°C
- A short-term operating temperature of 120°C, and a melting point of around 135°C.
- Not probably suited to high tensile applications
- Since it is a recycled version of UHMWPE it's not compatible in every respect.
- It's not FDA approved as there is no white/natural grade
RG1000 Sheet Perform:
- RG1000, sometimes referred to as “regen”, as its the recycled grade of UHMWPE. It's sliding and abrasion performance is close to that of virgin grade. This material is suitable for low friction sliding applications but is generally used in areas that do not require the unique properties of the virgin grade of UHMWPE such as Food or Pharmaceutical. Its incredibly low co-efficient of friction will produce components with a very high life span with very low drag. This engineering plastic Sheet is resistant to many dilute acids, solvents, and cleaning agents.
- Because RG1000 has excellent abrasion resistance it is often used for lining chutes, hoppers and is also used for slide-ways and wear blocks in aggressive environments. Because the RG1000 Sheet has very low moisture absorption, it's great for some high-demand areas of marine applications.
- Remember this product is good for non-FDA applications only, such as forest-product drag conveyor flights, conveyor-chain wear plates, and belt-conveyor wipers and skirts.
RG1000 Sheet isn't Suitable For:
- RG1000 is not suitable for food contact applications or medical uses.
What to be aware of when using the RG1000 Sheet?
- RG1000 Sheet is a regenerated grade that can offer almost identical performance to virgin grade RG1000 Sheet but at a reduced price to help some projects that are on a budget or that don’t maybe need the FDA approval
Why choose the RG1000 Sheet?
- It's very similar to Virgin UHMWPE but with a definite price advantage, this Sheet also has an exceptionally low coefficient of friction which offers superb sliding properties and is one of the best for wear and abrasion resistance. RG1000 Sheet is tough even at low temperatures. It has low weight, is easy to weld, but difficult to bond.
Machining Characteristics of RG1000 Sheet
- High-speed steel tooling is recommended with lots of back rake, side rake and clearances, and a generous nose radius. It can be challenging to clamp parts without distorting them. Also, when drilling, the drill will tend to screw into the material.
RG1000 be glued:
- All the family of UHMWPE engineering plastics does not absorb water readily, nor wet easily, which makes bonding it very difficult.
Is RG1000 Suitable For Food Applications:
- RG1000 is not approved for any use in food applications.
Is RG1000 wear-resistant:
- RG1000 sheet is highly resistant to abrasion, in some forms being more resistant to abrasion than carbon steel.
Is RG100 Chemical Resistant:
- It is highly resistant to corrosive chemicals except for oxidizing acids.
- Its coefficient of friction is significantly lower than that of nylon and acetal and is comparable to that of PTFE, or Teflon, but RG1000 has better abrasion resistance than PTFE. As with all UHMWPE plastics, they are very slippery and even have a surface texture that almost feels waxy.
What is the size range and availability of the RG1000 Sheet:
- RG1000 Sheet is commercially available in two common sizes of 2000mm X 1000mm and 3000mm X 1250mm, its available in thicknesses ranging from 5mm thick up to and including 80mm thick. This Sheet is currently only available in black or green.
Summary of RG1000 Sheet:
- RG1000 can be machined into virtually anything, from small gears and bearings to huge sprockets--shapes that until recently were only possible with metals. It not only outperforms metal in abrasion applications, but it's also easier to machine and therefore cheaper. This versatile polymer can be milled, planed, sawed, drilled, to create a huge variety of parts at a very competitive price.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.