- Odorless, tasteless, and nontoxic
- Has extremely low moisture absorption
- Very low coefficient of friction
- UHMWPE doesn’t become brittle until the temperature gets below −150°C
- Lubricates itself and is highly abrasion-resistant.
- It’s resistant to water, moisture, and most chemicals
- It’s resistant to UV radiation, and micro-organisms.
- Its melts at around +130°C to +136°C
- Not advisable to use UHMWPE at temperatures exceeding 80°C to 100°C for extended periods of time.
- Under load, UHMWPE will deform continually as long as the stress is present, an effect known as creep.
- Probably unsuitable to being used higher load items or components
UHMWPE Sheet perform:
- UHMWPE sheet has an incredible resistance to abrasion. It will outperform almost any engineering plastic for abrasion resistance and is probably one of the best materials for lining chutes and hoppers for products such as sand, aggregate, and concrete, or any other highly abrasive moving product.
- Another important property is its incredibly low co-efficient of friction. It is one of the lowest of all engineering plastics and will produce components with a very high life span with very low drag, which means very little will stick to it. Its also resistant to many dilute acids, solvents, and cleaning agents.
- UHMWPE has a maximum continuous operating temperature of plus 90°C and a short-term operating temperature of plus 120°C. It's a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made.
UHMWPE Sheet used for:
- Because the UHMWPE sheet has excellent abrasion resistance it is often used for lining chutes and hoppers in aggressive and highly abrasive environments, which is why you’ll find it at the quarry. Its also found in food production environments where high volumes of containers like cans or bottles need to be guided along conveyors or production lines.
- Because it has very low moisture absorption, it is also found in some high-demand areas of marine applications. UHMWPE is also sometimes used in some cryogenic components due to its low operating temperature abilities.
- Due to its resistance to wear and impact, UHMWPE continues to find increasing industrial applications, including the automotive, manufacturing, and bottling sectors.
Machining Characteristics of the UHMWPE Sheet:
- High-speed steel tooling is recommended with lots of back rakes, side rake and clearances, and a generous nose radius. It can be an also bit of a challenge to clamp UHMWPE parts without distorting them. Also, when drilling, the drill will tend to screw into the sheet material.
Can the UHMWPE Sheet be Glued or bonded:
- UHMWPE does not absorb water readily, nor even wet easily, which makes that adhesives find it a bit difficult to key meaning bonding is tricky and gives a low shear strength.
Is UHMWPE Safe for food applications:
- Natural grade UHMWPE is FDA approved.
Wear Resistance of the UHMWPE Sheet like:
- UHMWPE sheet is highly resistant to abrasion, in some forms being 15 times more resistant to abrasion than carbon steel.
Is UHMWPE Sheet chemical resistant:
- It is highly resistant to corrosive chemicals except for oxidizing acids.
What is interesting about UHMWPE Sheet:
- UHMWPE sheet can also be obtained in a regenerated grade that can offer almost identical performance to virgin grade UHMWPE sheet, but at a reduced price to help some projects that are on a budget, there are some application restrictions but it's worth checking out our RG1000.
- Its coefficient of friction is significantly lower than that of nylon and acetal and is comparable to that of PTFE, or Teflon. The surface of UHMWPE can be described as very slippery or even waxy.
What is the size range and availability of the UHMWPE Sheet
- Our UHMWPE sheet is available in two common sizes: 2000mm X 1000mm and 3000mm X 1250mm. It is available in thicknesses ranging from 2mm thick up to and including 250mm thick. This plastic sheet is available in natural color which can also be described as white, as well as black and green.
Why should you choose UHMWPE Sheet?
- What makes UHMWPE such a distinctive and useful engineering plastic is its combination of excellent properties, which are; outstanding abrasion resistance, superior impact resistance, non-sticking and self-lubricating, and excellent mechanical properties, even in cryogenic conditions.
Summary of UHMWPE Sheet:
- This engineering plastic can be machined into virtually anything, from small gears and bearings plates to huge wear guides that until recently were only possible with metals. It not only outperforms metal in abrasion applications, but it's also easier to machine and therefore cheaper. This versatile plastic can be milled, planed, sawed, and drilled to create a huge variety of parts at a very competitive price. UHMWPE sheet has an exceptionally low coefficient of friction which offers superb sliding properties and is one of the best materials for wear and abrasion resistance. UHMWPE Sheet is tough even at low temperatures, it offers low weight, and is easy to weld.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.