- High voltage applications
- Rigid & strong
- Can chip if high impact
- Low flame retardancy
Kite grade Tufnol Sheet is used for:
- This grade is more suited to the higher voltage electrical insulation applications
What should Kite Tufnol Sheet not be used for?
- Kite grade is not really suited to general-purpose applications; it isn’t quite as strong as 1P/13 grade or Whale grade. Its also not suited to high wear applications.
Kite Tufnol Sheet machine:
- Kite grade will machine up quite well with carbide cutter but will generate a fine yellow dust
Can Kite Tufnol Sheet be Glued and bonded:
- This grade is easily bonded with many commercially available adhesives such as Araldite, epoxies, and contact adhesives
Is Kite Tufnol Sheet suitable for Food applications:
- Kite is not suitable for constant contact with food
Is Kite Tufnol Sheet good for wear resistance:
- This grade is more for general purpose use, it will stand being used as a router jig and will give a reasonable life but the Whale grade is certainly more designed for wear resistance
Is Kite Tufnol Sheet chemical resistant:
- This grade also doesn’t have a very high resistance to chemicals or acids
What is the size range and availability of the Kite Tufnol Sheet:
- We stock thicknesses from 1mm up to 25mm
Summary of the Kite Tufnol Sheet:
- Kite Tufnol sheet is a first-class electrical insulating material with good dielectric strength and high insulation resistance. It has low moisture absorption and good mechanical strength, but its impact strength is lower than that of most other grades of Tufnol. It machines easily and can be hot punched in thicknesses up to 3.2mm. It is used for a multitude of applications at low, medium, and high voltages, such as terminal boards, mounting panels, tag strips, coil formers, insulating sleeves and bushes, busbar supports, tool and instrument handles, coil supports, insulated enclosures, brush holders, insulating spacers and special purpose plugs and sockets.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.