- PVC sheet has good hardness and mechanical properties good electrical insulating properties very high chemical & moisture resistance excellent forming characteristics good dimensional stability Bondable and excellent for welding Self-extinguishing Fairly inexpensive.
- The heat stability of PVC isn’t great– when the temperature reaches 140 °C PVC starts to decompose and its melting temperature is 160 °C
- PVC is an engineering plastic with good insulation properties but its electrical insulating property isn’t quite as good as plastics such as polyethylene and polypropylene
- It’s generally only suitable for medium or low voltage and low-frequency insulation materials
PVC Sheet Perform:
- Most products made with PVC are long-lasting – up to and over 60 years. Because of this reliability throughout their service lives, maintenance or repair is reduced significantly. It is the most widely used plastic in building and construction applications.
- PVC is resistant to oxidation and degradation and its inherent chlorine content gives it excellent fire resistance.
- Common applications include chemical processing tanks, valves, fittings & piping systems. In addition, other applications include:
- Electrical insulators
- Acid tanks
- Fabricated fittings
- Battery boxes
Not Use PVC Sheet
- PVC sheets should not be used for components that need very high wear resistance or will come into continuous contact with food products or maybe items requiring a lot of flexibility, low friction, or high-temperature resistance.
- PVC is quite hard and machines pretty well leaving a nice machined finish. If possible use double-edged milling cutters. When sawing using a circular saw, use saw blades with hard metal-inserted teeth and a tooth spacing of 10 to 20 mm as this has been found to be especially effective.
PVC Sheet Easy to Bond with Adhesives
- Gluing PVC is pretty easy and there are quite a few compatible adhesives. Solvent cement and contact adhesives all work fine as does super glue. High-frequency welding (gluing) is possible.
- PVC sheet is not currently FDA approved.
PVC Sheet Have Any Wear Resistance:
- PVC sheet exhibits mediocre resistance to wear and abrasion in comparison to Nylon and UHMWPE. PVC is pretty tough though although becomes more brittle as the temperature falls below zero.
PVC Sheet Have Chemical Resistance:
- In general, PVC is suitable to withstand most strong acids, alkalis, aqueous solutions that are not strongly oxidizing, aliphatic hydro carbons, fluorides, photographic and plating solutions, brine, mineral oils, fats, and alcohols. However, it should not normally be used with aldehydes and ketones, ethers, cyclic ethers, esters, and aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons, nitro compounds, some petrol/benzene mixtures, and similar solvents which lead to a marked swelling and softening of the material.
- PVC pipes have been analyzed after in-ground use for over 35 years and have shown no detectable corrosion or degradation and have been estimated to possess an additional 50 years of service life.
Size Range, Colours, and Availability of PVC Sheet:
- Our PVC sheets are available in grey color and in thickness ranging from 1.5mm up to and including 50mm.
Choose PVC Sheet:
- PVC sheet is an extremely durable material that is much stronger than some other plastics. It can typically withstand impacts many times that which completely shatter components made of Acrylic or Styrene, for example. PVC is extremely chemical resistant and resists attack or degradation from a wide range of chemicals, making it the material of choice in many tough industrial applications.
Summary For PVC Sheet :
- PVC sheet is a durable, tough material that is resistant to chemicals, acids, weather, and abrasion. It can be machined and tooled into a vast variety of shapes and components.
- It is strong yet relatively lightweight, affordable, and widely available. While it has a low melting point in comparison to other plastics, this is a great advantage to fabricators. It has a very good fire rating as its self-extinguishing.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.