Polypropylene Sheet is that tough industrial plastic sheet that is used for general purpose applications.
Two grades of Polypropylene Sheet:
- There are two grades of Polypropylene Sheet, Co-polymer and Homo-polymer. Co-polymer has some HDPE mixed into it to give it more flexibility and impact resistance. Homo-polymer is the sheet grade that is pure Polypropylene.
- The main advantage would be its acid resistance. Polypropylene Sheet has excellent acid and chemical resistance. It is also resistant to Sulphuric Acid. Another advantage would be its low cost, Polypropylene is one of the lowest-priced engineering plastics around. Polypropylene Sheet also has high impact resistance as some customers have used it as a backing board when punching gaskets or cardboard shapes. It is also very lightweight and is our only plastic that will float.
- Polypropylene Sheet does have a few characteristics that should be raised. It can be more difficult to machine due to its low melting point, extra care is needed to avoid cutters or drills generating too much heat as it melts at 130°C.
- Bonding Polypropylene Sheet is also problematic, it can be done but we understand it could be a specialist process with limited success. A reason why most fabrication companies use plastic welding equipment. Another key characteristic is its fire resistance, Polypropylene Sheet has an HB fire rating which is very poor due to its flammability and tendency to drip making it a poor choice for some cladding applications. Availability in terms of colours is pretty basic when it comes to the Homo-polymer grade as that grade is only available in natural and beige colours. The co-polymer grade Polypropylene Sheet is however available in many colours to suit requirements.
- Many applications would include Acid and chemical tanks, industrial chopping boards, some cladding applications as well as many prosthetic components.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.