- PEEK polymer is considered one of the highest performing materials in the world. PEEK is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic known for its unique combination of properties.
- These include: Excellent high-temperature performance chemical and wear-resistant biocompatible has a tensile strength of 90 to 100 MPa
- It melts at around 343°C (higher than the melting point of PTFE or PPS)and can be used in high continuous service temperature at 260°C Highly resistant to thermal degradation as well as attack by both organic and aqueous environments PEEK is inherently pure
- On the downside, there is one big disadvantage and that is the high price of PEEK – almost four times the cost of PTFE for example – which usually limits its application to high-value items. In addition, PEEK is not a shape memory polymer.
Engineering Plastic Sheet:
- PEEK sheet material has a high hardness - 53% harder than Acetal – and it has 36% more tensile strength than nylon 6, 6, and is almost 60% stiffer! When it comes to high temperature its short-term operating temperature is 300°C - 40 degrees more than PTFE – that’s 15% higher.
- PEEK also has excellent machine-ability, excellent wear, and slide properties, and is flame retardant.
PEEK Sheet Used:
- Because of its strength, PEEK is used to make items used in demanding applications, including bearings, piston parts, pumps, HPLC columns, compressor plate valves, and cable insulation.
- It is one of the few plastics compatible with vacuum applications. It is also used extensively in the aerospace, automotive, and chemical process industries as well as train and underground applications.
- PEEK is one of the only polymers that can be used as a metal replacement for high-temperature applications. It has become an essential tool for materials engineers in applications when no other material can meet the requirements, such as for the oil and gas industry for drilling as well as production.
- PEEK is also a superior material for alternative energy production in the construction of solar, wind, nuclear, geothermal, and hydropower equipment and components.
- The stiffness of the PEEK sheet drops off significantly and its expansion rate increases above 150°C. An alternative material such as PAI (polyamide-imide) might be better for close tolerance bearings or seals operating at temperatures higher than 150°C.
PEEK Sheet Machined Easily
- The material must be stress-relieved through an annealing process before machining. This decreases the likelihood that surface cracks and internal stresses will form from the heat generated while cutting.
- Long stretches of machining time may require additional annealing of the workpiece before making finishing cuts to prevent crack formation.
- It is suggested that silicon carbide cutting tools be used for natural PEEK. The best way to avoid adverse effects on the material’s biocompatibility is to machine dry.
- However, because PEEK doesn’t dissipate heat the way metals do, coolant may sometimes be necessary to remove cutting heat that builds in the workpiece.
- The best coolant is pure water as it is least likely to affect the PEEK’s biocompatibility.
Can I Glue PEEK Sheet:
- PEEK Sheet is very tricky to bond, it has low surface energy which prevents things like adhesives from being able to grab on. Depending on the adhesive used, surface roughening may increase the bond strengths.
- All unfilled PEEK grades comply with FDA regulations for repeated food contact.
PEEK Sheet Good For Wear Resistance:
- PEEK possesses very good abrasion and high wear resistance.
PEEK Sheet Have Chemical Resistance:
- PEEK sheet material is resistant to a wide range of chemicals and solvents.
- The radiation resistance of the PEEK sheet is quite high for plastic material. It can absorb over 1000 units of radiation with no appreciable loss of mechanical properties.
Size Range, Colours, and Availability of PEEK Sheet:
- PEEK sheet material is available in natural (off-white) colour and in sheet thicknesses from 5mm up to 80mm.
Choose PEEK Sheet:
- PEEK polymer is considered one of the highest performing materials in the world. Because of its robustness, PEEK is used to fabricate items used in demanding applications, including bearings, piston parts, pumps, HPLC columns, compressor plate valves, and cable insulation. It is one of the few plastics compatible with vacuum applications.
- It is also used extensively in the aerospace, medical, and chemical industries.
Would You Not Choose PEEK Sheet:
- While PEEK Sheet is an excellent material for high-end applications, the cost of PEEK sheet makes it prohibitive for most low-end or low-cost components.
Summary For PEEK Sheet :
- PEEK is a unique, high-temperature, high-performance engineering plastic. It is tough, rigid, and quite strong with very good chemical and radiation resistance. PEEK can be used for thousands of hours at high temperatures in steam or high-pressure water environments while showing no significant degradation in.
- Radiation resistance is also exceptional. During combustion, the levels of smoke and toxic acid gas released are the lowest of any thermoplastic. PEEK is insoluble in all common solvents and has excellent resistance to a very wide range of organic and inorganic liquids, even at higher temperatures.
Grade Of PEEK Sheet do you Supply:
- The PEEK Sheet we supply is 450g grade.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.