Advantages of Polyurethane Rod:
- Very good abrasion resistant
- Oil and solvent resistant
- Deformation resistance
- Resistance to ageing
- Tear resistant
- Excellent noise abatement properties
- Excellent vibration abatement properties
- Very good flex-Life
Polyurethane Rod perform:
- Polyurethane rod has a pretty good temp range from -32◦ C to 82◦ C. It provides superior sound dampening properties in relation to rubber, plastics and metals and is also great for electrical insulating properties.
Polyurethane Rod have commerically:
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Outstanding low-temperature performance
- Excellent mechanical properties, combined with a rubber-like elasticity
- High shear strength
- High elasticity
- High resistance to sunlight and weather conditions
Polyurethane Rod is used for:
- Applications include automotive suspension bushings, gaskets, seals, castors, wheels, bearing seals, valve inserts, shock absorbers, noise dampers as well as roller coaster and escalator wheels. It is also used as a wear strip on snow ploughs as well as pulleys on fishing trawlers.
What to be aware of when using Polyurethane Rod:
- Polyurethane rod is known as a thermo set type engineering plastic.
- This means that it cannot be re-heated and re-formed like some other engineering plastics.
Choose Polyurethane Rod:
- Polyurethane rods are a versatile product well suited for low volume products such as bump stops and bushings. It’s very often used as a replacement for rubber components which degrade over time and will provide an obvious upgrade in performance over the traditional material. Polyurethane has a much greater resistance to wear and can out last some traditional materials by as much as four times.
- Polyurethane will easily outperform rubber, which will often permanently deform much sooner, resulting in the item completely failing causing damage or wear in associated components. It has high resistance to aging or perishing and is also much more resistant to cutting with sharp edges and is also much more impact resistant.
Why not choose Polyurethane Rod:
- Polyurethanes are generally not recommended for use in continuous hot water applications over 70◦ C.
Machining Characteristics of Polyurethane Rod:
- It’s pretty difficult to machine polyurethane to the very fine tolerances possible with other plastics; you will also need razor sharp high speed steel cutters (not carbide) and that is for 90-95A shore hardness, anything softer can be almost impossible unless you go to the extent of freezing the material.
Polyurethane Rod be glued and bonded:
- With reasonable preparation it will Bond to metals and most plastics
Polyurethane Rod suitable for food applications:
- Polyurethane may be used as the surface layer in conveyor belts and in hose and tubing for conveying certain liquids.
Polyurethane Rod wear resistant:
- Where severe wear is a problem ie on the base of snow plows or vehicle suspension bushes, polyurethane often outperforms rubber, plastics, and metals. In many applications, this abrasion resistance allows users to fabricate polyurethane products with less material than other materials would require.
Polyurethane Rod chemical resistant:
- Oil, grease and solvent resistant.
Polyurethane Rod have any unique characteristics;
- Of all elastomers, polyurethanes have the best resistance to gamma-ray radiation.
What is the size range, colours and availability of Polyurethane Rod:
- We stock Red 90 shore hardness in diameters: 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 25mm, 38mm, 45mm, 50mm, and 63mm but other colours and shapes as well as different shore harnesses are easily available from our sales team.
Summary for Polyurethane Rod:
- Polyurethane rod is a thermo set plastic that, when formed, tends to retain its shape, flexibility and resilience under stress, tension or compression. With the ability to be formed into practically any shape, size, and hardness, polyurethane is extremely versatile. It has better abrasion, ageing and tear resistance than rubber, while offering higher load bearing capacity without the deformation issues. Compared to other plastics, polyurethane offers superior impact resistance, while offering excellent wear properties and elastic memory.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.